2007-10-10

9th of October first snow!



Very suddenly snow appeared on our little Island!

On Monday evening 23:00 the first snowflakes started falling silently from the sky like cotton in the wind. I never expected it would stick to the ground as the floor was not even frozen and temperatures had been up to 14 degrees a few days before. But yet, very suddenly there was a drop in the temperatures and in the morning when I opened the window .. there it was .. lying on the ground like a little carpet covering every thing and sticking to all the leaves of the trees. Beau-ti-full! But way to early!!! This time no body was prepared to it. Nor was I. Suddenly it feels like Christmas and staying home warmly with a fire in the chimney and candles on drinking hot drinks.


(View of the university on the way to work)

No comments: